Frequently asked questions at WAVS GB
Here at WAVS GB we are often greeted with a variety of unique and different questions each week; we thought it would be a great idea for us to go through some of the common questions we receive so that you are informed about all that we do and how our wheelchair accessible vehicle service can help you! We appreciate that buying a new WAV can be a very difficult process and can also cause a lot of stress for the wheelchair user and also the family involved in the process. We take all the stress away from buying a new used WAV Vehicle. If you have any questions about the Mobility cars we have in stock or want to ask a member of our team a question then please get in touch today!
- What do you do if your Mobility car breaks down?
- In the unlikely event that your WAV purchased from WAVS GB does break down, we are here to help – the first thing to do is ensure that you pull over in a safe place and get in touch with your insurance provider – they will be able to talk you through the next steps and also reassure you. It is strongly recommended that you carefully consider the different options and insurance offers that are out there when buying your insurance for a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. We are proud to offer an exceptional insurance service for customers and we work directly with Fish Mobility Car insurance who are specialists in providing cover for people with medical conditions and disabilities. The cover that they provide is second to none and includes breakdown cover with a home start as standard, cover for the repair and replacements that need to be made to your car and a free courtesy car!
- What are your options whilst you are waiting for delivery of your new Mobility car?
- We appreciate that time between receiving your Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle and the purchase of your vehicle can feel like a long time. We offer our customers the possibility to either head to our showroom in Bath to collect the vehicle or there is also the possibility to rent a WAV from us if you need a vehicle instantly. We offer short-term hire contracts and long-term hire contracts so that no matter how long you need your WAV to be rented for we can accommodate and ensure that you are not without a means of transport. You can browse the variety of our long-term and short-term hireWAVS by heading over to the links provided. When purchasing your new Mobility Car we recommend getting an expected arrival date from your supplier so that you can make the necessary arrangements with a member of the WAVS team to ensure you have transport lined up!
- What is a Mobility Vehicle?
- A wheelchair accessible vehicle or mobility vehicle is a car that has been adapted to cater for a wheelchair user; be that as a driver or passenger. This allows the wheelchair user to continue to travel or drive after being diagnosed with an ailment.
- Is it possible to get a car on Mobility?
- Mobility cars through the government are available to those who have been awarded the higher rate of mobility through their Disability Living Allowance. This must be in affect for a period of 12 months or more.
- Can you get a mobility car if you receive attendance allowance?
- In order to be eligible for the government-backed scheme, you must receive one of the following four mobility allowances and it is important and essential to have at least 12 months left.
When last checked and updated on April the 11th 2018. The mobility allowance is £59.75 per week.
- Armed forces independence payment
When last checked and updated on April the 11th 2018. The mobility allowance is £66.75 per week.
- War Pensioners Mobility Supplement
When last checked and updated on April the 09th 2018. The mobility allowance is £59.75 per week.
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment
When last checked and updated on April the 11th 2018. The mobility allowance is £59.75 per week. Please speak to a member of our team if you have any further questions regarding this.
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- How do you Qualify for a Disability Car?
- In order for you to qualify for a disability car here in the UK then you must currently be receiving one of the following allowances from the government.
Any questions please ask a member of the WAVS GB team.
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment
- War Pensioners Mobility Supplement
Who are WAVS GB?
WAVS GB has been trading and operating within the wheelchair accessible vehicle industry for over 35 years and in that time have strived to offer the highest quality and stressfree products/services that we possibly can. Constantly improving the industry standard and always thinking of the end user. We offer free home demonstrations and national coverage with a local service and constantly strive to offer the most competitively priced WAVS that we possibly can.
If you have any questions about the topics covered in this post or would like to find out more about the service we offer then please get in touch with a member of the WAVS GB team today and we will be happy to help!